Aries season just ended and we are sorry to see her go but for all of you out there ready for some new beginnings, this one's for you.
The Bold-Fashioned is a bit of a twist on an old favorite that you might associate with large leather chairs, old men smoking cigars, and expensive watches glinting against a lowball glass. Let’s take that stuffy image and bring it to the light with a more modern take on the classic old fashioned and make it bold.
This recipe is simple, and if you’re someone who enjoys mixing drinks for friends you’re likely to already have most of these ingredients on hand! Whether you’re fixing yourself a drink after a long day at work or trying to impress a date with something just a little more eye-catching, this cocktail is a great addition to any night.
Getting swept up into a million projects and looking for a breather? Take yourself on a date night, pick up a good book, fix yourself a drink, and let yourself not think about what’s going on with your vision board. We promise you it won’t be the end of the world. Show off your bartending skills with a simple cocktail that can help alleviate any Aries stress when you’ve been doing the most.
For all the Aries out there that feel like they can’t express that fierceness inside them; Take a sip of our Bold-Fashioned and let your true self shine!
- 1 sugar cube
- 2 dashes of Bitters
- 1tsp of water
- 2oz of Rye or Bourbon Whiskey
- Orange Peel
1. Use a vegetable peeler to carefully cut a 2-3 inch piece of orange peel and wipe the rim of your glass with the peel before setting aside.
2. Muddle your sugar cube, bitters, and water at the bottom of a chilled rocks glass.
3. Pour your bourbon over the mix and stir until everything is incorporated
4. Add a large ice cube or a couple of medium-sized cubes to the cocktail before garnishing with your orange peel.
Check out the other recipes from our Mixtrology Series Cocktails here!